What Are Closing Costs?
- Credit report fees (the cost of checking your credit record)
- Loan origination fees (which consists of the cost to your lender for processing your loan)
- Attorney fees
- Inspection fees (for inspections requested by either you or the lender)
- Appraisal fee
- Survey fee (so that both you and the lender know where your property boundaries lie)
- Escrow deposit which may cover private mortgage insurance and some property taxes
- Pest inspection fee
- Recording fee paid to a county or city authority to file a record of the property transfer and/or new mortgage lien against the property
- Underwriting fee to cover the cost of processing a loan application
- Discount points (money you pay your lender to get a lower interest rate)
- Title insurance (protection for you and the lender should there be any issues with title to the property)
- Title search fees (costs incurred by the company who checks the title on the property)
Can I Add my Closing Costs to the Loan?
What Can I Expect?
Keep reading for more about buying your first home:
Exactly how much cash do you need to have on hand when buying a home? We’re going to dive into how much money you really need to save up to afford a house, the hidden expenses you may not have planned for and some tips for how to find your perfect house budget!
Owning a waterfront luxury home is a dream for many buyers and we’re excited to show off SIX of our waterfront Global Luxury homes!
The origin of the housewarming party is unclear–some say it’s rooted in the medieval tradition of literally warming the house with the community bringing gifts of firewood, while others say it stems from the idea of lighting a candle on the first night to ward off evil spirits.
Moving is undoubtedly stressful, but the right preparations can make it easier. When picking your moving day, take some time off for the family in the months before or after summer when rates are low. Have some extra buffer time to make sure the adjustment goes smoothly for everyone. When it comes to organization, a good cleanout can make all the difference before it is time to pack. Communicate with your movers about how to handle delicate and valuable items, and make sure everything is clearly labeled to make unpacking the house easier for all.
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...a nice home with room for a carriage? In terms of relationship milestones, buying a home with a partner can be an exciting and life-changing step! How do you know whether buying a home with another person (married or...
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about your hometown or favorite neighborhood that really made you fall in love with the place… Was it the charming Main Street or the easy access to awesome shopping? What about the local playground or the incredible library?...
The greater Fredericksburg region is a hotspot for military families and defense contractors! Just a short trip away from the Nation's Capital and only minutes from Quantico MCB, Fort AP Hill and NSF Dahlgren, we are in the perfect spot for those looking to live close...
You’ve spent months looking and finally settled on the house of your dreams. The seller even accepted your offer! Congrats! It’s not *quite* time to break out the bubbly yet, though! So many home buyers and sellers have questions about the appraisal process, we wanted...
We're lucky to be located near several military bases and government contractors so serving veterans and active duty military members is one of our top priorities. We've taken a closer look at the 2018 Veterans & Active Military Home Buyers Profile report to...
Sign in for a chance to win! This coming weekend, we're excited to announce we have 28 homes being held open! Every visitor that signs in to one of our open houses on May 19th or 20th will have a chance to win one of three Amazon smart voice assistants: the Amazon...