BUYING A House
Awesome! We’d love to help you buy your dream home!
Are you planning on buying a house? Still searching for the perfect place? Use our Advanced Search for the most up-to-date listing information and check out our neighborhood guides to find the perfect area for you! If you’re still in the dreaming phase of buying your house, check out our blogs for buyers so you can learn all about the process while you’re searching!
Already found a few great homes you’d like to see? Our agents would love to help you begin your home purchase journey! Fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
The process of buying a house can be confusing at times! We always get asked what are the steps in the buying process. Check out the infographic below that breaks out a successful real estate closing:
Search on the go
Download Our App
With the Coldwell Banker® app, you’re not just choosing a home. You’re choosing a lifestyle. We know that’s a big decision. So we bring you the most up-to-date and accurate information on homes in your area, instant updates when new homes hit the market, and details about local neighborhoods – and we connect you with a real estate professional who’s prepared to help you find just what you’re looking for.
Moving all your belongings is one of the hardest parts about buying or selling your home. An organized, well-planned move can make the transition so much easier. Here’s our ultimate Moving Day Checklist to help you plan for the big day!
One Month Before
- Reserve your moving date with a moving company, if you’re planning to use one!
- Buy boxes, packing tape and bubble wrap to protect all of your belongings.
- Start cleaning out and packing up closets, garages and the attic (non-essential spaces).
- Transfer school records and update your address for any publications you receive.
- Change your address online or at the post office.
- Notify your bank, insurance company, and any subscription services you might have set up of your new address.
Two Weeks Before
- Make a “survival kit” of essentials that you’ll need for the last week in the old house and the first few days in the new one!
- Label boxes by room and begin packing up most of your things!
- Schedule utility shutoffs for your old house and arrange for re-connections at the new one!
- Make arrangements for your pets during the move: Will they stay with you? How will they be transported? Do they need to be dropped off at a daycare for a few days?
One Week Before
- Clean out the stove and fridge, vacuum and sweep all floors.
- Schedule your internet and TV installation at the new house!
Day of Move
- Get cash out for pizza, tips for movers, snack money during the move!
- Pack up your “survival kit” with all your essentials.
- Walk through the house one last time and say goodbye to the neighbors!
Like our moving checklists?
Keep your move stress-free and organized with our ultimate moving guide, room-by-room packing list and day of move essentials checklist! Hope you have an awesome move and enjoy your new home!
Buying a House BLoGs
In the spirit of National Pet Month, we’re exploring how you can make sure your home is safe for your new furry (or not so furry) best friend! Dogs and cats, as well as all kinds of other pets, are naturally curious and can get themselves into trouble or even danger...
Millennials make up the largest generation of homebuyers. So, it is crucial to figure out what they like when selling them a home. Knowing which upgrades are essential to millennials will help sellers maximize their return on investment and quickly sell the house....
If you’d like to turn your bathroom into a luxuriously relaxing destination, it might be time for a remodel. Here’s what to keep in mind while planning and renovating your bathroom.
When the pandemic first started, a rush to purchase homes followed. Now two years later, the market is still very competitive for buyers. A competitive market doesn’t mean an impossible market, though. Read on to learn why homebuying may be more hectic this spring and three ways you can prepare to find a house in this market.
When it comes time for you to buy or sell a home, a professional real estate agent can help make the process as smooth as possible. A real estate agent with expertise and experience should guide you every step of the process, help answer any questions you may have,...
Considering a home renovation? It can be thrilling to upgrade your house with updated appliances, new fixtures, or perhaps even a new floor plan. In any case, renovations require budgeting, coordinating designers and contractors, and often a good chunk of planning. It’s a big investment. And with 2022’s supply chain issues, it could be unusually challenging. Here are the 5 key questions to ask yourself before launching a renovation project.
In this competitive market, many prospective homebuyers are considering alternatives to buying—like renting. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether to buy or rent your home.
Even if you’re just beginning to think about searching for a home, something that can ease your mind is knowing what questions to ask before you purchase your first home. Whether you’re looking for a home in which to settle down and raise a family or beginning your real estate journey, utilize these helpful questions to guide you through the home-buying process.
Buying a home is a huge accomplishment, not least because it is a process that takes time and care to navigate. If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you may feel especially daunted by the process and what it involves. Fear not—knowing what to expect and how to plan is half the battle!
Maybe you’ve found an ideal home in a not-so-ideal school district. Or you’ve found a great school district, but it’s harder to find a home that ticks all the boxes. Choosing between a school district and a house is a tough decision, but there are work-arounds and questions to ask yourself that can help you navigate the process.