BUYING A House
Awesome! We’d love to help you buy your dream home!
Are you planning on buying a house? Still searching for the perfect place? Use our Advanced Search for the most up-to-date listing information and check out our neighborhood guides to find the perfect area for you! If you’re still in the dreaming phase of buying your house, check out our blogs for buyers so you can learn all about the process while you’re searching!
Already found a few great homes you’d like to see? Our agents would love to help you begin your home purchase journey! Fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
The process of buying a house can be confusing at times! We always get asked what are the steps in the buying process. Check out the infographic below that breaks out a successful real estate closing:
Search on the go
Download Our App
With the Coldwell Banker® app, you’re not just choosing a home. You’re choosing a lifestyle. We know that’s a big decision. So we bring you the most up-to-date and accurate information on homes in your area, instant updates when new homes hit the market, and details about local neighborhoods – and we connect you with a real estate professional who’s prepared to help you find just what you’re looking for.
Moving all your belongings is one of the hardest parts about buying or selling your home. An organized, well-planned move can make the transition so much easier. Here’s our ultimate Moving Day Checklist to help you plan for the big day!
One Month Before
- Reserve your moving date with a moving company, if you’re planning to use one!
- Buy boxes, packing tape and bubble wrap to protect all of your belongings.
- Start cleaning out and packing up closets, garages and the attic (non-essential spaces).
- Transfer school records and update your address for any publications you receive.
- Change your address online or at the post office.
- Notify your bank, insurance company, and any subscription services you might have set up of your new address.
Two Weeks Before
- Make a “survival kit” of essentials that you’ll need for the last week in the old house and the first few days in the new one!
- Label boxes by room and begin packing up most of your things!
- Schedule utility shutoffs for your old house and arrange for re-connections at the new one!
- Make arrangements for your pets during the move: Will they stay with you? How will they be transported? Do they need to be dropped off at a daycare for a few days?
One Week Before
- Clean out the stove and fridge, vacuum and sweep all floors.
- Schedule your internet and TV installation at the new house!
Day of Move
- Get cash out for pizza, tips for movers, snack money during the move!
- Pack up your “survival kit” with all your essentials.
- Walk through the house one last time and say goodbye to the neighbors!
Like our moving checklists?
Keep your move stress-free and organized with our ultimate moving guide, room-by-room packing list and day of move essentials checklist! Hope you have an awesome move and enjoy your new home!
Buying a House BLoGs
Today, Coldwell Banker Elite debuts the sleek modern update to our prestigious Global Luxury program branding, in alignment with the Coldwell Banker® network’s “Project North Star” visual transformation. Coldwell Banker Elite is deploying all new yard signs, agent and...
Buying or selling a home is not easy, even in the best of times, but it’s especially difficult during a global pandemic. In order to mitigate the myriad of risks that come with viewing homes, meeting with clients and in-person closings, Coldwell Banker Elite has...
Staying safe at home but still want to see properties? No problem! Check out our properties with "walkable" virtual tours and listing videos! Virtual Tours Fredericksburg 11315 North Club Drive | 3 beds, 4.5 baths | $850,000 7706 Ashley Farms Drive | 4 beds, 4.5 baths...
Always wanted to live on the Rappahannock River but still be close to the City of Fredericksburg? Our Global Luxury Home of the Week is a traditional brick rambler with a full finished basement, an indoor pool and approximately 7091 SF in the sought-after North Club...
Welcome home to this magnificent 8000+ SF home on over 4 acres of beautiful woods located in the prestigious Riverbend high school district! This luxurious Toll Brothers home offers quality, design, and style that will satisfy even the most sophisticated tastes. As...
How stunning is this one-of-a-kind colonial in the sought after Bloomsbury neighborhood? Built by the renowned Tom Sagun in 1989, 7016 Bloomsbury Lane features gorgeous pine ceilings with skylights, hardwood floors throughout the entire home, four fireplaces, coffered...
Coldwell Banker Elite has been named a Platinum Award Winner by Cartus Broker Services for their outstanding performance during the past year. Platinum is the highest level of the Excellence Awards presented to principal brokers by Cartus Corporation, a worldwide...
The allure of being able to customize your dream home is undeniable. Just like sliding into a jacket tailored to your exact measurements or receiving a gift with your initials monogrammed on it–being able to truly put your own finishing touches on a luxury home is a dream come true. We have three luxury new construction listings that are ready and waiting for their new owner to customize and create!
Closing costs are one of the main things we hear buyers are confused about during the offer-writing process. Here's some general info on what closing costs include so that you'll be ready when the time comes!What Are Closing Costs?Closing costs are fees paid when you...
Exactly how much cash do you need to have on hand when buying a home? We’re going to dive into how much money you really need to save up to afford a house, the hidden expenses you may not have planned for and some tips for how to find your perfect house budget!